Monday, September 19, 2016

Progress on the flannel quilt

I stayed in the house all weekend. I worked on the flannel quilt. I have the left side all sewn together. I trimmed the blocks two at a time as I sewed the rows together. Here is what the top looks like now with the right side still needing sewn together. This quilt will be a wonderful warm everyday quilt for someone.

I had sewn together 71 blocks while watching the Cleveland Indians play on Sunday. 55 of those blocks are shown to make up the right side of the quilt. I had 16 blocks left.

I still have 60 blocks that need sewn together

I also spent some time cleaning out kitchen cupboards removing items I no longer use, want, need, or have bad memories attached to them. I have a pile of items that may come in handy when I decide to dye fabric again so those will go downstairs to the laundry/utility/dye studio

and I have a group of items that will go to the Habitat for Humanity Resale Store.

I know I still have too many bowls and glass measuring cups. For some reason I have collected quite a few of both of these items. Many of my glass measuring cups came from auctions and are vintage.

10 comments:

Charlene S said...

Your flannel quilt is coming along rather nicely.

Ramona said...

Wow! You have some pretty flannels in your collection. That is going to be one warm and cozy quilt.

Nann said...

I really like the way the blocks flow into one another!
And congratulations on clearing out stuff.

maggie fellow said...

lovely quilt - so hard to part with things sometimes

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The 16 patch quilt is looking great. I only have about 3 solid color flannel pieces in my collection so I usually use 2 plaids or stripes together.

Vicki W said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!

Kaja said...

This is looking so good. I love flannel - so warm and perfect for snuggling up under. Thanks for linking up with AHIQ this month.

Ann said...

I like the way you grouped similar nine patches Into larger areas and find the dark fabrics very attractive. This is coming along so well. Thanks for linking with AHIQ.

Frog Quilter said...

Gorgeous and comforting quilt. Nothing snuggles like flannel. Love it!

audrey said...

What a great look for the flannel!