Tuesday, September 27, 2016

More progess and patches

I now have 3 out of the 6 t-shirts embroidered. Yeah! I got started on the 4th one too. I so wish I could show you the front! I figure I will have this done in another week, add in mailing time, and the person should receive this around Oct. 10.

I bought this hoodie to wear to the Akron Art Prize meet and greet for the artists. Of course I didn't get to go because of that screw in my tire.

In the meantime I have been adding patches to the hoodie. I had this Chief Wahoo for years and years so he is going on the hoodie. The Flyers emblem will remind me of the chance meeting with Jakub Vorachek at the Springsteen concert.

On the back there is plenty of room for more patches. I had bought a group of AC/DC Back in Black patches. I think there were 7 that I bought. One went on the AC/DC piece, one on this hoodie, one will go on my t-shirt piece I made last year that is shown in my header, so I have these left.

I may take them to the closing of the Art Prize and if anyone comes up to me while I am standing by my piece and proceeds to gush about it, I may give them a patch. I have some other patches that I found in my Grandmother's converted treadle sewing machine drawers. My Grandmother worked at a sporting goods store in her later years. Grandma sewed patches and lettering on jackets, jerseys, etc. The store also screen printed t-shirts. Grandma would collect at the mistakes and send us a big box at Xmas with the mistake t-shirts, jerseys, and socks. It was great fun going thru the box and finding the craziest t-shirt.

None of these patches reflect anything about me so I won't be sewing any of them on - at least right now. I like patches. I am going to have to find a few more to add to my hoodie.

No comments: