Monday, July 18, 2016

What I got done

Friday my nephew's band played from 5 to 7. It was hot! That is the weather and the music! The sun was right in the band's face, but they powered thru and gave a great show. I, of course, manned the merchandise booth. I sold quite a bit of stuff.


I got home about 9 and I was fried. I was so tired that on Saturday I didn't even get dressed until about 7 just so I could get the mail. I spent the day watching the Tour de France (TDF) and the Cleveland Indians while I stitched.

Sunday was more TDF and a bit more Indians. I had an appointment at 4 so I left the house about 2:50 and got back about 6:10, but the amount of stitching I got done over the weekend was good! I got the Stiff upper lip front and back done! The border stitching took about 6 or 7 hours and I had to use the pliers to pull the needle thru most of the time. I like the way it turned out though.

I got started on another shirt. Here is the shirt before any stitching

The stitching - yes, I used a pale green color so there is not a lot of contrast. I plan on jazzing up the block with a brighter color for the border

I figured I am about 39% done with the embroidery now which is 7 1/2 shirts out of 19. I have 32 days to get this done so that comes to allotting 2.75 days per shirt. I need to stitch faster! Yikes!

I was asked by Glen of quiltswissy about how the back looks and whether my stitches go thru the back. Well here are some shots of the back. Yes, my stitching goes thru the back much of the time. I like the way it looks.

Here are some shots of the mountain the riders climbed yesterday. It makes me tired just watching those guys!.

In the third picture to the lower right is where the riders were and they are headed over to the area on the upper left where the mountain has been carved out for the road. I can't believe they have been riding for two weeks and there is only one more week to go. It has gone by quickly!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Well hell's bells, now you've got me stressed again! Great progress this weekend though.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Thanks for showing the back, I love the way it looks! OHhhhh, now you got me wanting to do a t-shirt quilt like this. I actually have a friend who brought me some t-shirts a few months ago........yes.........