Thursday, July 28, 2016

Next!

Yesterday I had to run errands for work. On my way back to the office I heard strange noises coming from the back of the car. It sounded like the muffler was dragging, but I had it replace just a few years ago so I knew it wasn't that. I stopped a couple of times to try and figure out what was going on. I thought I would just head back to work and ask one of the fellow I work with what he thought. As I was heading back, the noise changed and then stopped. I looked in my rear view mirror and I had left something on the street. I stopped the car, walked back to the item, and picked it up.

The fellow at work said it was a heat shield and was no big deal. Whew!!!

Here is the next shirt I am working on.

Here is what it looks like now after 3 1/2 hours of stitching last night and about 15 minutes this morning.

I bet you will be glad when I can post about a new project! This one seems never ending!

I did go and buy gas for the mower, but the mower didn't make it out of the garage last evening. Maybe tonight.

I think I will be off work tomorrow for an extra day to stitch. I hope to make great progress. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Wow! it is coming along! good job, you can take a 15 minute break tonight.....

I have a car story similar to that, it was the shroud for the radiator fan on my beloved Pinto Wagon. It would only fall into the fan blades every so often, never when mechanic was near. It took 6 months to figure out what it was.

In that time, the service department at the Ford Dealership thought I was totally a nutcase. I KNEW something was wrong!

Kaja said...

Your stitching is really transforming these shirts -I am so impressed!