Monday, July 25, 2016

It will be ok

That is what I keep telling myself. I managed to get the Rock or Bust shirt done
Before

After

I had worked on it while I sat at the merch booth at Michael's show on Saturday. The heat index was 107 which made it hard to stitch while the sweat was dripping off my brow. There was a great crowd

Michael did his best to entertain them. Here he is standing on top of a picnic table.

I finished the Rock or Bust shirt on Sunday morning and then while watching the TDF I started on this shirt.

It now looks like this

Now the schedule - I have the area of 10 shirts done and have 9 to go. I have 25 days to the deadline which gives me 2.77 days for each of the remaining shirts. Humm ... I think I need to stitch faster!

Now it is time for me to bash DISH network again. The TDF was in it's last 45 minutes and the riders were on the Champs-Elysees and guess what happened?

This is the second year in a row that I have been watching the end of this three week race and the stupid satellite goes out!!! In a panic I called my brother and he was going to record it for me. He went to lunch with his family. When he got home he called me and said their power went out so no race. What do I have to do to see the end of this race! I went back to see the rebroadcast that started at 8PM, but it was NASCAR. Why won't the universe let me see the end of the race? I know who the winners are since the stupid satellite came back on and they were handing out awards, but there it nothing like watching 168 men riding bicycles as fast as they can over the cobbled streets of Paris. I taped the rebroadcast at 11:30 to 3 am so lets hope there is something on that tape. In the meantime Peter Sagan won the green jersey for the 5th year in a row

They didn't show Chris Froome get his yellow jersey live or any of the trophies he gets, they didn't show the polka dot jersey getting his awards, or the winners of the team competition. Didn't get to see Froome's speech. Why not? NASCAR.

Bike racing gets no respect.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Well, unfortunately when the bike race is preempted they get a few calls. When Nascar is preempted they get thousands of calls. Squeaky wheel and all that. I hope you get to watch it tonight to help you get through the next shirt.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Hate NASCAR!!!!!

We have a lot of people who switched from Cox to U-verse when they laid new cable. they said life would be all wonderful if they switched. Guess what? Most are back at Cox!

Grass is always greener kind of thing. I think they all have their problems.

I wish I could help you stitch a bit........