Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Rolling along


This is the improve piece that will be for the Akron Art Prize this year and I enjoy posting the progress on Ann's Fret Not Yourself's blog once a month. Yesterday lunch time and last evening's stitching produced this result.

I had to go out and water the seedlings and the canna. It was over 90 yesterday. The canna are growing well and so are the weeds around them! I will be taking some early morning time over the 4th to pull weeds. I think I saw one more leaf of another canna coming up, but I am not sure. Once I clear out the weeds I will be able to see better.

This morning I had a little time so I stitched a bit more. I finished the "O" and got a good start on the "Y".

4 comments:

Monica said...

Oh man, now I am going to have that song in my head all day! What a great collection this is. And it's turning into a really awesome quilt! Who knew Motorhead could be cozy?

Kaja said...

Love that you are adding the words - I'm really looking forward to seeing this one done. Thanks for linking up with AHIQ.

Sharon said...

This looks like it's going to be good! I can hardly wait for the grand reveal!

p.s. I love that quilt in your header too!

Sue said...

This is really interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm also looking forward to see how this finishes.