Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mower issues and picking out the backing

I wanted to get the grass mowed before the rain came so as soon as I got to the house from work I pulled out the mower, gassed and oiled it up, and then pulled the cord to get it started. Twenty-five minutes later and two small blisters I finally got it started.

I was only going to mow the front, but since I had such a hard time getting the mower started I went ahead and mowed the back and sides too. It was 5:30 by the time I got done. I was hot and dripping wet. I had to leave by 6:15 to get to my nephew's award ceremony so I was off to the shower. Michael won a $1,000.00 scholarship. His friend and drummer won $4,000. Kent State where Michael will be going, will match his scholarship money so it was like getting $2,000.00. Here he is accepting his award, the group of students that received scholarships and Michael afterwards. How about that suit? His mother got it at the thrift store for $6.00. It cost more than that to get it dry cleaned and have the pants altered which turned out to be remaking them so I was glad they didn't ask me to do it.

It was dark when I got back to the house so I stopped by the job site to take a picture for one of the fellows at work. I wanted to show him how lite up the building looks at night. I couldn't get a good shot showing the fixtures and the phone just blurred the lights, but it sure is something to look at. This is the high school main entry. I will have to get you a picture of it during daylight hours, The contractors are still working on the entry and the windows on the lower part are filthy.

I also walked thru the building yesterday and took a shot from the second floor windows that looks into the student dining. This is where they are staging all the furniture for the building. It looked like a furniture factory threw up in there and this is not all the furniture. There is more coming.

So here are my steps for yesterday. I'm still bit tired and my arm is sore from pulling the mower cord about 50-60 times.

I looked this morning for backing fabric for the AC/DC piece. Here is what I pulled. I will play around with these and decide which I am going to use.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is one of the reasons I have a battery powered lawnmower. I couldn't handle all of that pulling to get it started. I'm glad you got it all done though because we are getting rain and it probably will get to you today.