I spent much of last evening deconstructing jeans and prepping them for use in a quilt. I thought deconstructing was a more artistic/current term to use rather than what I said yesterday which was ripping them apart! I took off back pockets, cut away front pockets that had rivets, and then pressed the seams flat. I will be doing the same thing tonight as I have more to prep.
While I had the iron on, I interfaced the three more AC/DC shirts that I have acquired in the last week and a half. I only have four more that I need for this project to represent the following albums: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Flick of the Switch, Fly on the Wall, and Blow Up Your Video. I keep watching ebay for a deal. Yesterday I picked up a shirt with The Razors Edge on it. It was marked down to half price and free shipping so it only cost me $10.00. This piece will be a mix of authentic, vintage, and reproduction shirts. The vintage shirts can run a couple of hundred dollars.
I did get a few rows of knitting done too. It was cold this morning so I wore my new gray scarf. I love the texture and the feel. The yarn is so nice. I am making this red one with the same pattern. I think it shows off the hand dyed yarn so nicely! I casted on 25 stitches. The pattern is K1, P1, K1, P1, to the end. I am again knitting two rows with one ball and then carrying up the yarn from the second ball to get a good blend. The pattern called for the scarf to be 72" long, but I just keep knitting and used all the yarn for the gray one and will do the same for the red one. I didn't want to have a little dab of yarn left and I found the scarf is not too long at all even for me and I am short.