Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Let the quilting begin!

Yesterday at lunch and before I stated quilting, I put a few more rows on my scarf. It is now 12 1/4 inches long.

I was having a hard time deciding how to quilt the Nocturne quilt. After several emails back and forth to Wanda of Exuberant Color I decided not to be lazy and do my go to triple loops design. Wanda thought I should do lines and I agreed, but I Pattyized them and decided to do free motion almost matchstick lines. I also decided to use the varigated Sulky Rayon threads. I hadn't quilted a larger quilt with the Sulky thread in several years so I thought I would try them out on this to add another layer of design. Here is what I have done so far. Yes, this probably overkill for this quilt, but I don't have any plans for what I am going to do with it after it is finished, so I figure I could just play with it.

Tomorrow in St. Patrick's day so I will probably make shamrock cutout cookies for the guys at work tonight. Hopefully I can get some quilting done too.