Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I was busy last evening! I made the mistake of sitting down and knitting first. I had a hard time stopping. It is just so relaxing. It is now 20 3/4 inches long. I am going to have to go get another skein - one is not going to be enough.

I mixed up a batch of cutout cookie dough, put it in the refrigerator to firm up, and then went for a walk to the job site. The project manager (PM) was catching a lot of heat for the dirt in the street. It is not the PM's responsibility - it is the contractor's. The PM called the contractor and of course he wasn't happy about doing anything about it. The PM wanted some pictures of the condition after they cleaned up so that is why I walked to the job site. How clean is clean? I have no idea. It was better than it was, but they need to get a shovel and clean up the gutters a bit in my opinion. My opinion doesn't count by the way!

I got a couple of packages yesterday with additional materials for my AC/DC art quilt. Two more t-shirts came and I bought a Lot of embroidery floss. Both came from purchases on ebay. The top row of floss is the colors I was most interested in. The floss was only a quarter of price if I have bought it retail.

After my walk it was baking cookies time. The house smelled so good! These are for the guys at work for St. Patrick's Day.

This morning I got a little bit of quilting done on the Nocturne quilt. I now have 27 or 336 or 8% quilted.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

Charlene S said...

People who don't want to do something do it poorly. I love the floss colors makes me wish that were one of my skills. Can't wait to see more of Nocturne's quilting.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love that quilting. Are you using a walking foot and sewing or Freemotion-ing it?

McGee says he can eat it either way.......