I made some good progress on the doggie quilts this weekend. Of course I thought I would be farther along, but I am happy with the progress I made. I dug out my batting scraps and found nice sized pieces that I could sew together for four of the quilts so far. Here is what the pile looks like now and I think there is plenty here to do the other four.
On the left of this picture is all the binding I made up for these quilts and here are all the tops. The four in the upper right are pin basted and ready to quilt. I didn't have to put very many pins in them which was nice.
I turned the four pin basted quilts around so you could see the fabric I used for the backs.
Sunday afternoon there were two deer in the backyard. I have some wrinkled old apples in the fridge so I tossed them out for the deer. Yes, I probably shouldn't feed them, but the one on the left is pregnant so I though she might like to have an apple. If I don't feed the apples to the deer they would have to go in the garbage so what the heck.
Late Sunday afternoon I made a batch of Valentine cookies to take to the guys at work. Let me just say they are pretty tasty!
I am taking a day of vacation tomorrow. My brother and I are going to a place to look at kitchen cabinets for the house he is remodeling and I am going to look at cabinets for my living room. I should have at least a few extra hours to work on the doggie quilts after we get back.