Monday, February 15, 2016

Still working on the doggie quilts

I made some good progress on the doggie quilts this weekend. Of course I thought I would be farther along, but I am happy with the progress I made. I dug out my batting scraps and found nice sized pieces that I could sew together for four of the quilts so far. Here is what the pile looks like now and I think there is plenty here to do the other four.

On the left of this picture is all the binding I made up for these quilts and here are all the tops. The four in the upper right are pin basted and ready to quilt. I didn't have to put very many pins in them which was nice.

I turned the four pin basted quilts around so you could see the fabric I used for the backs.

Sunday afternoon there were two deer in the backyard. I have some wrinkled old apples in the fridge so I tossed them out for the deer. Yes, I probably shouldn't feed them, but the one on the left is pregnant so I though she might like to have an apple. If I don't feed the apples to the deer they would have to go in the garbage so what the heck.

Late Sunday afternoon I made a batch of Valentine cookies to take to the guys at work. Let me just say they are pretty tasty!

I am taking a day of vacation tomorrow. My brother and I are going to a place to look at kitchen cabinets for the house he is remodeling and I am going to look at cabinets for my living room. I should have at least a few extra hours to work on the doggie quilts after we get back.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Enjoy your day off!

Kat Scribner said...

Good for You! people around here like to hunt the deer, I like to feed them!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

The deer look so wonderful that it would be hard not to want to feed them. Don't feel guilty. Love the idea of the dog quilts. Have fun this week finishing them!