Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Progress on the new pink scrap quilt, root canal, and concert

After looking at this ceiling for 1 1/2 hours

Having my mouth open with a mouth apron for an hour (what a selfie!)

the root canal was done. The only thing that hurt was the numbing shot that was real deep into the jaw area. Other than that I did not feel a thing! I am kind of embarrassed that I was a big baby about this, but I had heard nothing but horror stories about getting a root canal so I was psyched out over the idea of this. The dentist did a great job. I didn't even have any soreness. Now I just have to go back to my regular dentist and get the temporary filling replace with a permanent filling or crown - I am not sure which he is going to do yet. By the way, the root canal cost $1,095.00 and I still have to pay for the filling or crown. Thanks goodness I have enough money built up in my Health Savings Account to pay for all of this.

Once I got home from work I got my walk in and sewed part of the scrap quilt together. I finished sewing it this morning so now it is ready for pin basting. A simple quilt, but cute. I have enough of the same fabrics used in this quilt left to make the binding which will add a bit more color.

At work, we are gathering items for the Salvation Army and one of the items on the list are blankets. A quilt qualifys as a blanket in my little world so I may have to donate a couple of the recent ones I have made. I think I can scour the house and find a few more items just sitting around that I don't need - non-perishable food, toiletries - that I can donate too.

Last night, since I was feeling fine, I went to see my nephew play at a Christmas concert at his high school. Michael is the one with the red guitar and the ginger drummer, Jimmy, is the drummer in Michael's band The Michael Weber Show. Jimmy and Michael have been friends since kindergarten and have played music together since then.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have never had a root canal so I would be a big baby about it too. If the pain doesn't get you, the shock of the cost does.

Vicki W said...

I had 2 root canals last year and was terrified. I remembered my brother's story about getting one 20 years ago. It was a vomplete non-event in the end. It helps that I have a cute dentist. He's a lot younger than me so hopefully he'll be my last dentist.