It was hard to get much done since I was feeling lousy with this cold. Every time I sat down I fell asleep. I did manage to fight thru it and get all the blocks cut out. This quilt will have a music theme to it. Here are the black and gray blocks.
I managed to get some of the red blocks sewn together. Here are two sitting at the sewing machine in process.
Here are the blocks so far that are sewn together and trimmed.
I don't usually sketch my designs out, but I did for this quilt. I wasn't sure I had enough of the red music fabrics, but it will work out fine. The reason for the color choice - well, I always buy fabrics with a black or gray background and I just happen to have enough red music fabrics that would work. I was not about to go buy any more fabric! I also have a piece of fabric in the stash that has red and black in it, so I think I will use that for the binding.