Here are a couple more quilts that were made BB - before blogging. This first one is named "It's not easy being green". I had bought some of this bright green fabric out in Charm at Charm Days in October 2000. I had taken it to quilt group and they looked at me like I was nuts when I said I was going to make a green quilt. I had a quilt made out of the fabric by the next meeting to show. Yes, there is a bit of purple in it, turquoise, and cobalt blue. I didn't buy enough different prints so I dyed a B&W striped fabric and a swirly design fabric to fill in. They came out a bit more yellow green, but fit in with the scheme. The quilt is 56" x 68", the block is called block party, and I free motion quilted it in a meander.
The next piece I made in 2009. I hand dyed the blue and green fabrics; the black and yellow are commercial fabrics.
It is 76" x 85" and free motion quilted. I used different Sulky rayon threads to quilt this improv piece. I used a facing style binding which matches the hand dyed back. I don't do those corner triangles any more when I do facing binding.