It was intense, but I managed to get the t-shirt quilt done in time for my sister to take it with her back to Georgia. I sat at the cookout on Saturday still hand sewing the binding, but I got it done! It was dark after my sister, her husband, and I got back to my house so I could take a picture of it so the lighting is not the best.
My sister and her husband came over on Sunday morning for a bit before they left to go visit his family. The house seemed so empty, so I needed to find something to do. I decided to quilt the drunkard's path flannel quilt top I had made in November 2014. Remember this?
I got the backing put together on Sunday and had it pin basted by the end of the day. I wound lots of bobbins and started quilting it. By 6:30 p.m. on Monday I had 40% of it free motion machine quilted. The quilt is 84" x 105.5". I am using a dark red King Tut thread, but I needed to used some Connecting Threads Essential for bobbins to make sure I was going to have enough King Tut for the top. I have already used almost an entire cone of King Tut and I am not half way done! This quilt right now is earmarked for my bed for the winter coming up. I used flannel for the backing too so it will be nice and warm! I am now at 40% of the quilting done.
Getting this quilt done will reduce my stash which has increased a bit lately and it will be one more project I can cross of the UFO list.