I worked on finishing the outlining stitching on the Green Day shirt last evening. I hadn't done any machine quilting on the figures of the band and I got brave last night and did it. It felt good to finally make the decision to put machine quilting in this area When I machine quilted this piece I was indecisive about what to do so I guess I just needed to think on it a bit! I know from these pictures you can't see the quilting, but the safety pins are gone and the shirt is now nailed down.
I did the same thing with the Springsteen shirt. I free motion quilted around the figures and the background above their heads. It looks a lot better now. This was another case of me not know what to do at the time I was machine quilting.
I also stitched around The Clash shirt. I used four strands of floss and the stitching stands out nicely. I only used three on the Green Day shirt and I wished I had used four, but it is what it is.
I will keep on with stitching this weekend and hopefully get the facing binding sewn on. I am just waiting to get the email for when I need to turn this in for the exhibit. Until I get the email and the final deadline date, I will continue to stitch! Have a great weekend!