Tuesday, August 4, 2015

I'm back - experiment result

I washed the fabric and I could see some differences even before I washed this sample. The writing using the Sharpie Fine bleed more than the Sharpie Pro.

The heat pressed Sharpie Pro is a bit darker with heat setting than without. So I will be using the Sharpie Pro marker for the project I am planning.

The last six days were crazy busy. I was so exhausted and busy I had no time to work on the t-shirt quilt until Monday night. I did get a border on the Metallica shirt and I am doing some quilting around the lighting bolts. This lost of time has really hurt my schedule of getting this piece done the way I want. I will have to concentrate on getting the border embroidery done, getting it bound, and adding the hanging pocket. If I have any more time then I can go back and add more detail.

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

This is great info. I think I have the sharpie apro and I always press, so Yay! I am doing it right!!!!!! Finally, something I am doing right!

Thanks for sharing your experiment!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Thanks for the results info, Patty. I have tried so many different markers for labels and have yet to find one that I really like. I have not tried the Sharpie Pro though - I'm going to pick one up :)

Your t-shirt quilt is looking fabulous!