I could not help myself from doing just a bit more backstitching before I got started on the binding. I stitched around the AC, DC, and the lighting bolt in a pink and yellow. If I have the time I will stitch around the Black in Black.
I laid the quilt face down to press and steam it. After it cooled I flipped it face up. The edges were a bit ruffled so after pinning the binding on the top edge of the quilt I decided I needed to block the quilt a bit to smooth out the sides. I ended up going outside and gathering up more bricks to use as weights. After a bit more steam and coaxing the piece flat, I let it set overnight.
I took off the bricks this morning and the piece is nice and flat.
I will pin the binding on and sew it at lunch time today. After work I will trim the piece, press the binding over to the back and stitch it down. The binding is black so it is hard to see in this picture.
Stash Fabrics was having a sale so I picked up a few pieces off the Clearance page at 10% off plus free shipping. I love those Halloween fabrics, the stripe is great for binding, and the other pieces are for a quilt for some one I am collecting pieces of novelty fabrics.