Friday, July 10, 2015

The TDF, Salem show, and the baby quilt

Looks like the tour is losing another yellow jersey. Tony Martin got the jersey Tuesday and crashed in the last kilometer on Wednesday's stage. His teammates got him back on the bike and helped him pedal to the finish.

Martin was holding his left arm so I would guess he has a broken collar bone. It was all he could do to hold it together to get thru the award ceremony. As soon as he got his yellow jersey, he was taken to the hospital. I won't know until I watch today's stage after work to find out what actually happened. My man Peter is still in white and is closing in on the green jersey.

I took yesterday off to go with the band to Salem, Ohio for a 45 minutes set and I spent the morning watching the TDF and making oatmeal raisin cookies for all of us to eat on the trip. This was an unpaid gig, but if they liked the band they would hire them for next year. It rained and there was no crowd. Thank goodness I wore my old shoes. My feet were soaked.

We have another gig on Saturday so I need to get my old shoes washed and dried out. There is grassy areas that we will be in so that means mud.

I also worked on the baby quilt a bit while I was off yesterday. Here is what it looks like now. I still need to sew a few blocks together. I have a few blocks I will be moving around also.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

The photos from the gig are downright sad!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the new baby quilt.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I mean those streets are empty!!! I need to work on my saints quilt for the New Orleans wedding last April.......

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh, I wanted to ask, why are elephant ears??? I might need on for $5.00.