Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Sewing and a cloud of dust

Last evening I finally got around to fixing the neighbors jeans. Two of the rivet buttons - one at the waist and one at the fly - had ripped out. I found some scraps of denim and zig zagged a patch over each hole.

I found some buttons the right size to fit the buttonholes. I used a toothpick to elevate the buttons slightly when I machine sewed them on to give a bit more slack since the buttons did not have a shank. The fellow was happy to get his jeans back and was impressed with my fix.

The boys at the TDF had 7 sectors of cobbles to ride over yesterday. Thanks goodness it didn't rain as predicted. Riding the cobbles stirs up the dust!

After stage 4 there is another rider, the 4th, in the yellow jersey who is Tony Martin.

My man, Peter Sagan, is still in the white jersey and closing in fast on the green sprint points jersey. He is second in the green jersey competition right now about a dozen points behind Andre Greipel.

We had a hard rain yesterday evening and the flowers are loving it. Look at the size of my zinnias!

So far this year the deer have not eaten the flowers off of this daylily.

Here are my canna growing in buckets. Maybe I will get them planted soon!


2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I don't think there is any sewing more appreciated by dudes that being able to get favorite jeans repaired. Chris' jeans have all kinds of patches. I think men get emotionally involved with their jeans. One of my brothers has a sewing machine and mostly uses it to repair his own jeans. He can even replace zippers in jeans.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

great fix on those jeans!