Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Progress on the t-shirt quilt and Oh what a alteration

I finished the embroidery/quilting on one more t-shirt.

Then I have this alteration to do. I am such a softy!! I don't really want to tackle this, but I am going to do it. This dress was bought at a charity shop and looks like it had never been worn. It was made in England. The beading is stunning.

Look at the inside. The lining was hand stitched at the seam between the skirt and bodice.

What I have to do is take the dress in at the zipper and all the way down the back a total of 4 inches. New this dress costs between $750 and $850 dollars. The lady got it for $30.00. The beading is on a backing then hand sewn to the dress which will make it easier to deal with it. It could be a nightmare if the beading was done directly on the dress. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh the customer must be a great friend because that' the only way I'd even consider that one!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

That dress is amazing! You will do an awesome job!