Monday, July 20, 2015

My big dream project, the gig, and the t-shirt quilt.

Big Dream Project
My big dream project is me. I have tried hard this month to put myself first after slacking off the last couple of months. I even went walking last evening in a light rain, horrible heat and humidity just to get my steps in. I was hot, sweaty, and miserable, but I got my 10,000 steps in. I knew I needed to do something after sitting most of the day working on the t-shirt quilt. Here is what the graph shows for my steps for the year. I will keep pushing forward and get my steps in so I can end up in the green for the month.

Friday night at the gig was very warm and humid. The rain held off and Michael put on a great show. I sold 14 CD's and a half dozen shirts. This was one of the biggest crowds we have ever had. Here Michael is playing the guitar behind his head never missing a note. The band got at standing O at the end after playing for two hours straight.

At the venue there were food stands and there was one with elephant ears and funnel cakes.
For an elephant ear you can sprinkle cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar on it after it comes hot out of the fryer.

Powdered sugar usually goes on the funnel cakes. Someone was nice enough to let me take a picture of their cake.

I worked on the t-shirt quilt at bit at the show and then again on Saturday and Sunday. I have about 1/4 of the blocks now with some kind of extra stitching on them. My plan is to do an initial pass over the entire quilt adding some embroidery or extra stitching on each block and then if I have more time, I will go back and add more. I need to have this done in 3 - 4 weeks.

I am using a variety of threads to embroider/stitch with. I am finding #12 pearl cotton doesn't show up very well. #8 pearl cotton is too heavy to pull thru the faced t-shirts. Regular embroidery floss seems to be working great. I use either two or three strands for the big stitch quilting or the embroidery. And to think I almost gave my embroidery floss box away!

My man Peter is still in the green jersey for the sprint point jersey. He is a bit frustrated that he has not won a stage yet. He only has a couple more chances to win a stage. This week we go into the Alps and his job will be to help Alberto Contador make up some time on the yellow jersey still being held by Froome.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

The stitching is really adding a nice element to the quilt. Good for yo keepingmup your steps! It was 95 here today bu I was able to get my walk in when it was only 75!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I give you a lot of credit for walking in the humidity and rain. That should burn more calories than walking in nice weather.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Your shirts are looking great. Almost as good as that elephant ear....now I want one. I am going to go find an apple.