Thursday, April 16, 2015

Big Dream Project update and a new t-shirt

Big Dream Project

It is time to report and add my link on Vicki's blog Field Trips in Fiber for the Big Dream project. My project is myself. In January I purchased a fitbit and have tried to remain motivated to get myself feeling better physically. As you can see on my steps for the last four months that March I didn't quite make my goal. It is very interesting how life can get in the way. In March I had some family issues and caught a cold. I just wasn't mentally strong enough to keep these two events from impacting step count. I now see I have the same issues this month. I cold hung on thru the middle of last week and for example, I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone yesterday with two family members dealing with a situation. I just have to be more conscious of stuff like this and make sure that I make the time to get my walking in.

I did get a number of steps in yesterday as I walked around a job site waiting for the water cooler to be delivered to the construction trailer. It was not the ideal place to walk as I had to watch for mud, but at least I did walk instead of just sitting in the trailer waiting on the fellow to show up. I am just going to have to learn from this and put myself first. I still have time in April, so it will be interesting to see if I can at least make up for lost steps and reach my goal for the month.

I got this Rolling Stones t-shirt in the mail yesterday. I have a Beatles t-shirt and a Motorhead t-shirt also coming. Once I get those I will have to see if I have enough shirts for the quilt I want to make.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Life has gotten in the way of a lot of my goals this month too but I think that having to think about it once a month is helpful to get myself back on track.

Paulette said...

So glad you found your Motorhead shirt. You've got a nice collection now. Had to smile when I saw a guy wearing a Chili Peppers t-shirt just like yours the other day.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

We did some walking in Austin at QuiltCon! LOL.

I gave Frank a fitbit charge HR for his birthday. He hits 10k steps every day and says it has to be wrong. But if you were in the same room with him he would be pacing and figiting. I think it is right! LOL

elle said...

My dream led to a snooze but there is always a chance to catch it again! If at first... :)