Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Year end stats

I keep my empty spools from sewing and quilting threads. Why? I guess just to see if I have accomplished anything. Here are this year's spools

And the count - 79 - with about 30,000 yards of quilting thread used.

Here is my quilting thread at the beginning of 2014

and here it is now

In reading last year's post about my thread spools, the first picture I posted that day was of this t-shirt quilt for my niece. It was all sewn together and pin basted on 1/1/14.

Well, now it is a year later and I am finally going to quilt it! I got started on it last evening and will try and work on it every day. It is around 83" x 94" so it is a beast of a t-shirt quilt!

Have a happy and safe new year!

3 comments:

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Saving empty spools. . . what a great idea! I had to chuckle when I saw your before and after pictures. . . same thing happened to my thread collection this year!

So how was that t-shirt quilt to make and how is the quilting going? Was it a pain or is this something you would do again?

Vicki W said...

I've never emptied that many spools! I'm impressed.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

That's a lot of thread! I love how you do that!
Happy new thread year!!!