After getting a pot of chili on the stove to cook last evening
and doing a few dishes, I decided to get out a few of the flannel pieces I had started back toward the end of October when I started the flannel DP quilt.
I had these four leftover blocks, so I decided to used them as the jumping off point to just use up the leftover flannel from the DP quilt and my stash.
The strips were cut at 3" so I end up with a 7 1/2" finished block. Here where I am right now.
Since I am not one to count or spend the time figuring out how many blocks I need or how big of a quilt I will make, lets see where this goes. I had a feeling I will have more blocks than I need for this quilt, so two quilts could be the result. I am not going to be pushing myself to get this one done. If it not done by Xmas the winner will have a choice. Either finish it themselves (yeah, like that is going to happen!) or wait until I get around to finishing it. I need some Patty time so I will work on this between cleaning up my house and finally having the time to cook.
When I was at the grocery store Sunday they had a shipment of Norfolk Island Pines. I have bought one for the last three years. My one last year didn't do very good. I think that maybe it got shocked by the cold sometime before I bought it. The one I bought two years ago is thriving. I have it at work at my desk.
Here is my new one. Years ago I had one and it was at least 6' tall before it got shocked in a move and died.