Monday, December 15, 2014

Productive weekend - 2nd post today

My friend Stephanie came over on Sunday to pin baste a quilt on my table. The quilt was so pretty!

I had the flannel quilt top pieced and the backing sewn together, so after we were done with Stephanie's quilt we pin basted the flannel quilt. It made quick work with both of us pinning!

So what did I put on the back? Well, I was looking thru my stash and I must of had at least five or six yards of one flannel fabric so that is what I used. I was a bit short so I added another piece of a red and white striped flannel.


A bit of an unusual choice, but this flannel had been in my stash for more than 15 years and it needed to be used. I am quilting this in Connecting Threads Olive colored thread because it was a darker color which I thought would look good on the front and I had two spools of it.

I have 9 days to get this done. I think it is doable. The quilt is approx. 88" x 75".

Instead of making pillow cases for the nieces and nephews this year I decided to get them all Sharpie markers. The markers were on sale and cost about as much as the fabric for a pillow case. Each kid will get a set of fine and ultra fine markers. I figure they could use them for school projects and who doesn't love a new set of Sharpies?

I even got them wrapped!

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I think you'll have that quilt done in no time and Sharpie markers are a great gift!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

The flannel quilt is going to be great! Love the quilting! So well done! You will have it done it no time ;)

Everyone loves Sharpies, your grands are sure to love their gifts!

patty a. said...

Judy, That's nieces and nephews not grands! Glory, you scared me! LOL!