Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Moving right along!

I sewed together another 4 block by 4 block section and the 2 block by 4 block sections for the first third of the flannel quilt. I now only have to sew the 2 by 4 block section on. I am so not use to doing all the pinning necessary for matching the seams. It has been awhile since I made a traditional style quilt.

At this pace I should be able to get this top pieced by this weekend so I can pin baste it. My 1475 will be coming back from my sewing machine repair man by the end of this week or early next week. I need it for free motion machine quilting this quilt as my original 1475 is sounding bad. It will be headed to Colorado for a good cleaning as soon as I get the other one back.

4 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Lots and Lots of seams! But it looks fabulous. Is this your family raffle quilt this year?

Nicky said...

Lots of seams and lots of fabrics here! Good luck with that weekend finish and thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

audrey said...

Wow! I am loving how this is coming together. 9 patches are so fun to play with.:)

Lisa J. said...

It's looking great...although it looks overwhelming with all the little seams.