Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Can you say tired?

I ended up taking Tuesday off as my concrete guy, Don, for the garage work called me Monday night at 8 p.m. to say he was coming late Tuesday morning to start demolition of the garage floor. Holy cow Batman the garage still looked like this when I went to bed Monday night!

I got up at 5:30 a.m. and got to work. By 10:30 a.m. I had everything out of the garage except the drywall which I could not move by myself. I then had to move that pile of sweet peat.
15 wheelbarrow loads of sweet peat, 2 1/2 wheelbarrow loads of debris, and the pile was gone. Don had a spud bar and tore apart a pallet that had been in the driveway for 3 years so now the pieces are small enough I can put them in the trash bin.

Next it was on to ripping out the floor of the garage. At least I didn't have to do anything!

While they were ripping out the floor I dug up some of my canna rhizomes to overwinter in the house since the temperature was suppose to drop. I only had the energy to dig up enough to fill two buckets. It is not as cold today as I thought it would be so I may dig a few more up tonight. I was so tired last night I went to bed at 6:45. I was exhausted! I was up about 5:15 a.m. this morning since I needed to do a couple of jobs before I left for work. I needed to put the spigot handle on the outside water spigot in case they needed water and I needed to dig up a patch of daffodils that were in the path of where the new downspout drain pipe was going to be installed. I will plant the bulbs tonight after work. I was surprised to see the daffodils peeking up thru the soil! I think they are confused with all this warm weather we have been having, but I am sure glad they did! I don't think the guys would have saved them when they dug them up.


Since I have spent at least 25 hours cleaning out the garage and time doing things related to this project, my quilting time has suffered. There is not a lot of other things I need to do now for this project so I have to hit the sewing machine hard and get something done on the Moda Halloween quilt. Here is a picture of a little of the quilting I have done.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I don't think I would have made it as far as digging up bulbs. The first part of your day would have done me in!