Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pants are sewn on; what's next?

I watched the movie "The Help" while I stitched on the pants to the "Where's Jimmy?" quilt. I had to fill out another form for the Akron Art Prize with more details. I measured the quilt and it is 88 1/4" wide and 87 1/2" high. I used approx. 2700 yards of thread to quilt it. I did not sew the entire pair of pants to the quilt. I stitched about four or five places along the left leg, the entire waistband, and several places along the inside of the right leg. I wanted the pants to sort of float on the top of the piece.

I dug out my next project which is another Halloween quilt, but made with just Moda fabrics. I have not decided what I am going to make yet, but I have plenty of fabric choices.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I know that you will be happy to start a new project. I bet you could sell this one on eBay to a Parrothead for a lot of money!