Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 17 of F to F - getting close to done!

One good thing about having a facing type binding is that you can carefully pin the facing to the quilt, take a picture of the quilt and you would never know the binding was pinned. That is what I did so that I could spend my time getting the standard binding on the second piece. I had a little bit more of the hand sewing to do, so I was up early again this morning and finished it before I went to work.

I went back to read the rules about this challenge and I totally missed what event these were for! It is for the International Quilt Market and Festival in Houston. They will notify you on September 5th if they selected your piece and you have until Oct. 1 to get it to the venue. I won't bother spending the time attaching hanging pockets unless a piece is selected. Why waste the time when there as so many other things I need to do! If my pieces don't get selected I can show you what I have been doing. If they are selected, then I can't post pictures until December.

This morning when I arrived at work I looked up at the sky and saw four jet streams. It made me wish I was on a plane going somewhere.

With the three day weekend here I plan of getting a lot of work in the studio done. There is so much I need to do I really have to figure out a plan or I will be going in circles and nothing will get done! I have lots of movies that I borrowed from the library to have playing while I hit the sewing machine hard!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Good luck! I have had one piece hang in Houston as part of an exhibit. It was thrilling. I sure hope your pieces get selected. Of course why would they not!!!!