Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Binding done!

The ocean quilt is almost done! Yeah! I put a facing type binding on the quilt and got it all hand stitched down last evening while watching a Dirty Harry movie. Here is the quilt with the inspiration for this quilt pinned on it. I will work on appliqueing the pants on tonight.

You may ask, "What is the deal with those yellow pants?" Well, they are a pair of Jimmy Buffett's pants which were given to my brother years ago by the wardrobe lady. My brother toured with Jimmy for three years. She was downsizing the wardrobe closet and gave these to my brother to give to me. I had meet her several times and we would talk about sewing. I thought for years about these pants and what I would do with them. So now they are on a quilt named "Where's Jimmy?" (Thanks for the title Joanna!) Here is the label inside the pants.

Once Keim Lumber delivers the hanging board today I can finish stitching the hanging pocket. Put a label on this, clean it with a lint roller, and it is finished!

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Very clever!

Quilt or Dye said...

I love the idea and the quilt!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I thought you had lost your marbles yesterday when you said pants! Now I understand! And I think you are a genius.....