Monday, April 28, 2014

Quilts tops Homespun 2, 3 and 4 and 5!

Here is Homespun 2 done. It is 48 1/2" x 57"

Homespun #3 which is 48" x 60 1/2"

So remember how I said on Friday that I was going to put away this leftover pile of homespun and move on to another project?

Well, I didn't not move on. I went thru the leftover pile and cut enough to make Homespun 4. Here are the eight I have sewn, but not trimmed. The other blocks are in sets on the sewing table ready for sewing and some still need to be sliced. I had almost no blue fabric left and did some careful cutting in order to make 8 blocks. I was going to mail tops 1, 2, and 3 with the binding to Vicki today, but I think I will wait until I get top 4 done.

After that I went thru what I still had left and made some 4" squares and 3 1/2" squares. Homepsun #5! The fabric to the left are the pieces I have left. There are a lot of long strips that are on the narrow side and some that are wider that can be used for binding. I still have two decent sized pieces that I could use for binding or making squares to go with the 4" and 3 1/2" squares. I didn't want to cut this fabric up until I see what I need.

I did get started on another project which is a baby quilt I need to have done by the first of June. I found this cute cow fabric and went into the stash to find fabrics to go with it. I am making one of those multi layer quilts I make. Here are the blocks on the design wall ready for sewing.

The shop delivered my car to me on Friday. It is running so good! What a difference! The tech house caught on fire due to a ceiling radiant heater. There was a lot of smoke damage so the family moved to a hotel.




2 comments:

Vicki W said...

You are awesome! Take your time mailing them. Once I finish quilting the current batch I'll be quilting a couple of my quilts. I'll get back to veteran's quilts in a couple of months.

Unknown said...

I've never heard of a heater installed on a ceiling.

I would call the baby quilt "Seismic Cows"......I love this style of yours.