Tuesday, April 22, 2014

More fabric

Becky at St. Theresa Textile Trove is trying to reduce her inventory so she is having a bodacious mystery box sale. Becky has always been very generous to me so I thought I would help her out and buy a box.

I received a lot of fabric in this little box - 18 yards and some of it was very unusual! Some I like; some I don't think I will ever use. I would be willing to trade to anyone interested so let me know if anything mark "willing to trade" catches your eye.

Willing to trade this 1 1/2 yards of this green monoprint


Willing to trade this panel that is almost a yard piece.

I am keeping this piece! The background is black even though it looks dark blue in the picture.

I am on the fence with this piece. I think it is very cool, but I rarely use this shade of green.


willing to trade this strange piece of about a yard. It is a panel with hands, feet, and playing cards.


Willing to trade this tie dye. It is 2 1/2 yards if I remember correctly. I left my cheat sheet at home. There are three full tie dyed circles.


Another tie dye piece 1 1/2 or 2 yards. I think it is pretty cool and I think I will keep this one.


This was a group of FQs. I will keep these.


Becky also threw in a bag of beads and shells. There are shells mounted in little pieces of leather with a string running thru the top. I have no idea of what I would ever do with these, but with the way they are made you could pull out the leather string and sew then on to something. I thought the drum buttons were kind of cool. I don't know if I would ever use them, but I am leaning toward keeping them unless some could convince me that they have the perfect project for these.

willing to trade this cloth. It is hand woven strips that were then sewn together. It is about 2 1/2 yards.

Lastly is this group of 1 yard pieces. I love the fish print and the yellow pieces. The other three pieces I had in my stash so I would be willing to trade those.

With finally warmer weather the daffodils are blooming like crazy. Goodness, I am going to miss all the color once they fade. I also have more white daffodils this year. Last year there was only one flower, this year there are three.


I went for a walk last evening and look what I found in the gutter. It is a tool for your bicycle. It retails for around $25.00. Somebody is going to be upset that they lost this.


1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

That is a pretty cool little tool! It looks like it will handle every kind of fastener!

And that is some pretty interesting fabric. the hands and feet card game is hysterical! Who ever thought about that?