I got to the art museum at 11 am and there was staff at the ready to help me unload the car and take my stuff downstairs to the classroom. They help set up tables too. I unpacked my stuff and was ready for the participates. I had four women and that turned out to be a good number. The museum has a small lunch stand and after 2 1/2 hours of working, we took a break and had a bit to eat that the museum paid for. Here are some of the blocks the lady's made
I forgot to take pictures of the funky triangles they made. Tomorrow I will show you the blocks from the multi-layered technique. You remember Justin? He is the young fellow that work's at the museum gift shop that sews and I made him a wall hanging out of his old clothes? Well, he came down to the classroom late in the day and he wanted to see me sew together a drunkard's path block without clipping. I had an extra workbook which I gave him plus some sample blocks I made. He was excited about going home and giving it a try. I packed up my stuff and again museum staff helped me haul my stuff to the car and load it.
The ladies kept asking if I was going to have any more classes. I know one lady in the first 20 minutes just said I love this! I was giving her such a sense of freedom! All four ladies seem to have a great time. I got home about 5:20 and I was tired! I forced myself to unload the car. Before I put my machine back in place, I decided to vacuum a bit. What dust bunnies I had! I did enough cleaning to get my machine back into the cabinet and I had to quit. I was just too tired.
Sunday I decided to tackle cleaning up the rest of the dust bunny infested studio. I mean the place was just a mess! I needed to attack it with this saying in mind "Start by doing what's necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible." I heard this somewhere, but I don't know who said it.
Here are the before pictures
While I was cleaning I also made a pot of vegetable beef soup
I did a bit of sewing once the room was all cleaned up. I am working on a project that I can't talk about and I won't be able to show you the finished project for quite a while. For this project I dug out a container of cotton solids that I bought probably back in the 90's when I was going thru my Amish phase. I have to have something to submit by March 25.