Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Quilting, tea, and cold

I had taped the Grammy's so I tried to watch that while I wound bobbins with quilting thread and got started on quilting one of the sample quilts. The problem was there were so many commercials I had to keep stopping to fast forward the tape. I think the whole event would have lasted about 2 hours if you took out all the commercials! Here is how I am quilting the quilt

The snow plows came last night and clean out the snow - yeah! I managed to get out yesterday and get back home, but since there is more snow on the way it would be even more difficult getting thru the deep snow in my car. I went out this morning and cleared away the bit of snow they left at the bottom of the driveway.

The security light came on in the back so I opened the door to see if the deer were out there. Here you can see their tracks. When they close to the house the light will turn on.

When I headed out today even though it was
the wind was hardly blowing. I can judge the wind with the prayer flags I have in the front yard. They look pretty against the snow

The high today
but with the sun shining it doesn't seem so bad!

Yesterday one of the fellows at work brought me some tea. His dad works someplace and they get tea. Tazo is an expensive tea and he brought me two flavors - Lotus, a green tea, and Wild Sweet Orange, which tastes like orange soda.

So I am sitting here this morning with a hot cup of Lotus wishing I was here

Keep warm and safe!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love the tea! I am going to have to try some of that Wild Orange. I love Chai.

I would love to be on that beach with you too! I could bring McGee! LOL