Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Justin's quilt, Kathy's flannel quilt progress and the art museum

Despite having a cold, I did fulfilled my promise to work at the art museum Friday night for an opening. I gave Justin his quilt and he loved it.

The new exhibit was on different types of printmaking. The Kent State printmaking department set up a copper plate printer

Several people were inking and cleaning the plate for printing

They were making small prints to give away. Here is the one I took home.

The also had silk screen set up

and this is the poster they were going to print

I worked on Kathy's flannel quilt despite feeling lousy. I figured I could rest as much as I wanted and still make some progress on this quilt which would be better than not even trying to get something done. Just sitting around wasn't going to make me feel any better. I managed to get the top pieced, pin basted and I started quilting it.
I took Monday off also. My eyes were very puffy, drippy, and bloodshot and I just couldn't go to work looking like that.

I feel a bit better today, but this is only day 8 and the doctor said this could last up to 20 days! Bummer!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Justin looks very happy and the quilt looks great. It's bigger than I thought it would be. I hope you feel better soon. A 20 day cold is unacceptable!

Nifty Quilts said...

Justin's quilt is marvelous! Your quilting on the zigzag looks good too. Feel better soon!