Monday, November 4, 2013

Justin's piece and my new light

I didn't get much done Saturday because I was just tired. Sunday I was feeling good and got to work finishing up the top of Justin's quilt. I am very pleased with the way it came out. For the back of the quilt I cut out the backs and some of the front pieces without pockets then sewed those together. Here is the quilt laid out and almost all pin basted together. Since some of the fabrics are slippery I put my pins closer together to really hold it together. I will finish pin basting it at lunch today so that I can start quilting it tonight.


I made a quick trip to JoAnns to get some embroidery floss. I finally found my floss box so I am now all ready to put some big stitch quilting on this piece along with some machine quilting.

I had a couple of coupons, one being a 50% off so while I was at JoAnns I got to looking at the Ott lights. I found one that is rechargeable. This will serve a dual purpose. In a couple of week the band has a very important gig - more to come on that. While I sit at the merchandise table, I plan on doing the hand work on Justin's quilt and this light will be perfect for that. Also, when we go to load out the trailer, we can use it to help us see. The place we are going, if I remember correctly, has no lighting in the back of the building. I turned off the lights in the sewing room and closed the blind to try the light out and it will give us plenty of light to see loading. The light has a nifty carrying handle too. I think I will make a padded case for it to help protect it. I had $33.00 in gift cards for JoAnns and with the 50% off coupon the light only cost me $17.00 out of pocket.

3 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

i just love the way you have put these shirts together. You have such a good eye for that. I need more practice to get out of the "block at a time" thinking.

I have that light but without the battery option. I love it and use ut everywhere. the older i get the more light I need!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like what you did with Justin's shirts.

Nifty Quilts said...

Wonderful quilt!!