Friday, September 27, 2013

256 Square Inches - that is one block

I was beat when I got to the house after work yesterday. It has been very intense with trying to meet the deadline on a project. Eight straight hours everyday for the last four weeks of concentration on my feet running back and forth from the work island to the computer has worn me out. I sat last night for a while just to chill and eventually found enough energy to quilt one block. So now only three more to quilt and a bit of border to go.

Wednesday's MQG meeting was a intimate group of five. Judy led the group and talked about Hawaiian style quilts and Sachiko. I forgot to take a picture of the blocks she brought. She is going to make a wall hanging with them so I know she will bring it back to group and I will make sure I get a shot of it. The Sachiko stitching she did was beautiful and the Hawaiian blocks were done in a gorgeous batik. For show and tell Stephanie brought her Nancy Drew quilt top and her plus sign quilt all bound and ready to gift. Both turned out great!

I received my African fabrics last night. I have been trying to find fabrics with mostly a blue background, red background and light background. At Tambo Collection I found these two blues and one light. The print on the left is a 6 yard piece I plan on using for a backing. This is my first quilting fabric purchase since May 4. Now my brother sent me 18 yards of 3 African prints, so my stash has increased a bit.

This weekend is all about finishing the Yo GG and Elmo quilts, mowing the grass, and cleaning the kitchen. I will get out the Halloween quilt and start working on it again. I plan on staying home all weekend and just enjoy the quiet.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: