Monday, August 19, 2013

Saturday's gig and Sunday's dye-palooza

We left my brother's house for the gig at 2 p.m. The band was to play from 6 to 8:30 with a break between sets. We got to the client's house - what a beautiful place! As we were setting up we heard police sirens. I thought we hadn't even started playing and someone called the cops!
As it turned out the police were headed next door. The neighbor was in their backyard, fell down and broke their ankle.

So here are some pictures of the backyard and the band. Since it was a party, things didn't run exactly on schedule. We thought we would be back to my brother's house around 10 or 10:30. I ended up getting to bed at 12:30 a.m. Everybody seemed to have a good time at the party and I sold 12 CD's and a couple of t-shirts. Michael autographed their CD's. One lady said she excited to say once Michael hits the big time that she saw him play at a backyard surprise birthday party.

I got up at 6:30 to get ready for the dye-palooza. I still had tables to set up and some straightening up to do. The dye-palooza went great! It lasted from 9 am to noon. Five women showed up - one with her granddaughter. I had a table set up in the laundry room and then one in the garage. The garage is attached and there are four steps to go up between the two. It worked out great. Five was just the right number. Any more and it would have been too crowded. I will post pictures of the results once we have our monthly meeting on the 28th. In the meantime here are a couple of shots I managed to take. It was hard to take pictures - I was busy trying to make sure everybody had what they needed. I did get one shot of Joanna's fabric after she rinsed it.

After everyone left I tore down the table in the garage and got some lunch. One of the ladies brought me peaches from a local orchard - oh, if you could only smell them! I will be cutting them up tonight. The ladies had cleaning up any mess so other than taking down the table there wasn't anything else I needed to do. Thank you ladies. We all decided that this was a good lesson in understanding why hand dyed fabric costs so much. It is hard work!


QuiltSwissy said...

you should have told me, I would have "hopped" on over!

Sounds like a lot of fun. Need to get friends who want to dye with me!

upstateLisa said...

dye-a-palooza looks like it was a blast!