It was hot last night to work at the museum. They put the band inside and not on the asphalt parking lot that had been baking in the sun all day, but the beverages were still outside. We had shade and a breeze once in awhile, but it was still hot. Thank goodness I took my cool towel! It made all the difference. I kept dunking it in ice water and tied it around my neck.
I still felt pretty bad when I got home after almost 3 hours in the heat standing on concrete. I went to bed and elevated my legs, but at 4:15 a.m. I woke up with a pounding headache. Hello Excedrin!
I was up early so I decided to work on Michael's vest. I got the side seam sewn and it is ready for the lining to be attached to the vest fabric.
I need to make fringe so this morning I decided to glue wrong sides together of the vest fabric to see how stiff it would make the fabric. I did one sample with the glue right out of the bottle. I used this leather glue - it is good stuff!
Then I also did a sample where I watered down the glue. It is the sample on the right and you can see it is darker where the water soaked thru the fabric. I am going to take a half day vacation today so I can work on this and by noon the fabric will be dry and I will be able to tell which method with the glue will work the best. I have to have the vest done for Michael to wear Sunday. I will take a picture of him in his new outfit and post on Monday.
So this weekend I need to get the other pair of pants done for Michael and I may have time to get a few blocks quilted on the Halloween quilt. Have a great weekend!