Monday, June 24, 2013

The quilting is done!

Yeah the quilting is finally done on the yellow and gray quilt! That was a total of 1,536 square inches which puts my total for the month at 11,002. I have the binding cut out and will start attaching it tonight after I get back into town from the dentist. My teeth hurt a lot less than they did the past week. They are still a bit tender, but at least I might not jump out of the chair when the dentist goes to look around.

I managed to pin baste the family xmas quilt and I will start quilting that once I get the binding on the yellow and gray quilt.

I had planted some white poppy seeds and white coneflowers. The first poppy bloomed Saturday. It was windy when I took this picture.
I took this picture of another one that bloomed this morning. I will have to try and save the seeds and spread them around the bed so I get more plants next year.

I don't know how long before the coneflowers bloom, but a least I have flower heads.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Congrats on the finish of the quilting on that huge quilt. It is going to look so nice in the yellow/gray room.

I hope you have better luck with white coneflowers than I did. They were white the first year and purple/pink from then on.