Monday, April 29, 2013

Rockin' and quiltin'

Before I needed to leave the house and head over to my brother's for a full day of being a roadie, I just had to play with my new toy - a pressure washer. I wanted to practice on something I couldn't damage so the steps up to garage fit the bill. They were covered with dirt and moss and the washer did a pretty good job. The steps in this picture are still wet so the dark dirty part looks really dark. I bought it to clean the siding and when I did spray the siding by the steps it did wash off a lot of dirt.

I got up about 6:30 on Saturday to make cookies so we all would have a little snack during what was going to be a long day of music. I got to my brother's house a little after 10 a.m. We hopped in the car and we were off to North Canton for the Blues Contest. Michael's band was up first and played at 12:30. I helped unload equipment and set up the band's banner with my sister-in-law. After they played their alloted 20 minutes set we only had a few minutes to tear down before the next act. We packed everything and then took it out to the trailer between acts. We hung around a while to watch several other acts before we headed back to my brother's house. My sister-in-law whipped up some pasta and garlic bread and by this time it was 4:30 already! Back in the car at 5:30 and off to the next show.

Here is a picture at the second venue - Stringz and wings in Streetsboro. The crowd gave them rounding applause and Michael put on a good show. I got home at 11:30 and I was beat!

Sunday it rained all day so there was no working on the yard. I was so tired from running all day Saturday that all I managed to get done was three loads of laundry and 10 new blocks for the Halloween quilt. I did sew together the three piles of pieces I had from my improv demo too. Here is what I have so far. I want to try and have this quilt shaded from one corner to the opposite corner using the light background fabric showing in most of the blocks with skinny stripes to the other corner with mostly the colored fabric with skinny white stripes. I will probably end up with more blocks than I need so the leftovers will go into baby quilts. I am not sure at this point that any of the triangles strips will go into this quilt - I just didn't bother taking them down.

It is raining again today and does my lawn need mowed! The rain is clearing out, but I need a bit of sunshine to warm things up and dry out the grass. At least if it is not raining when I get home I could go out and work on the big back yard clean up.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love those wonky zig zag blocks. I hope they wind up in something!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

just don't get up on the roof and powerwash the roof. My idiot friend did it and totally ruined his roof........I just figured it would be self evident that you don't use these things on roof tops. But maybe not.