Thursday, April 25, 2013

Modern quilt group meeting

We had our Modern quilt guild meeting at a quilt shop that just opened about a year ago - Sew Deja Vu. What a lovely shop! Stupid me I forgot to take picture of the shelves of beautiful fabric. I could have spent a lot of money because they had so much great fabric! The owners gave a informative presentation on thread and needles and lots of questions were asked and answered. They also provided coffee, soda, cake, cookies, and the all important chocolate kisses!

I was early so I started to shop and found some wonderful pieces on the sale shelf. Only $5.00 a yard! The gray piece is for binding on a quilt and the rest is for the stash.

Then is was show and tell time. I took my yellow and gray baby quilt top I just finished. I fielded more questions about improv piecing.
One lady was really busy! She made this fun quilt and I just love the colors. It was like a warm gray with brown and green undertones. The color reminded me of facial mud. What a great color.

Look at the back! Isn't it great?

She also made these lovely pillows using Jacquie's Quilting Modern book.

And here are the backs - just a cute as the fronts!


It was a fun time and we had the whole shop to ourselves! Many of the member were shopping and the owners were so helpful. So if you are ever in NE Ohio and are looking a a wonderful quilt shop, make sure you check out Sew Deja Vu. Thank you Sew Deja Vu for a lovely evening.

No comments: