Friday, April 19, 2013

I am making a date with ...

my paintbrush. I need to get a final coat of paint on the trim in my bedroom so I can install the paintable wallpaper I just bought on ebay. I have been watching for a good deal and found this vintage paper. I put in a offer of $8.00 a roll and they accepted. The rolls usually only have 33' for a double roll, but these rolls are 65' so it was like buying 14 double rolls So doing the math, I paid $5.57 a double roll including shipping. It has a subtle stucco texture. I bought enough to do the bedroom, the bedroom entrance, and the sewing studio.

I got started on the binding for the gray and pink quilt. I just didn't have much ambition last evening. I had to watch the season finale of Southland and after that I was pretty much useless!

When I pulled into the parking lot this morning momma duck was just sitting right out in the open. She was only about 15' from my car. Once I opened my door she stood up and started slowly walking. She keeps her distance but does not seen frightened of people.


My plans this weekend are not to mess around and get some stuff around the house done including a lot of painting, finishing the binding on the gray and pink quilt, and figuring out what is the next sewing project.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

You keep astounding me! I would never have thought about looking on ebay for the wallpaper! Good job.