Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Banana bread and polyester?!

Here is the last piece of banana bread from the loaf I made Sunday. I had some bananas that had turned black so it was time to make bread. I threw in some pecans and the bread was pretty darn good.


Last night I worked on quilting a quilt for a lady that is a friend of a friend. Well, let's just say that she needs some guidance, because she used polyester! The batting was polyester and some of the fabric including the backing had polyester. I could not free motion this so I am just doing some lines. When I give her the quilt on Saturday I will give her an example of free motion using cotton of course for the top, backing, and 80/20 for the batting. She is just learning so I need to get her going in the right direction. I will do my best to make it look nice, but the feel - yuck! I don't want to put a lot of time into this, but I will try to make it as nice as possible. The binding will probably take longer than quilting it.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Polyester didn't feel good in clothes either!

Get her on the right track, she will love working with cottons. It will be so easy after working with stretchy stuff.

glen