Monday, April 22, 2013

2nd finish of 2013

This quilt is for my neighbor who is having a girl and the room is pink and gray. I am glad to have this done before the baby has been born! Oh, I did get a voice mail from the fellow that is going to be the grandfather of the baby who is getting the Buffet baby quilt. He loved it! He was almost at a loss for words.



I had four of these blocks sewn together. I had used them for a demonstration at the MQG meeting when I did a demo on improv piecing. I found the pieces for the last two blocks on Sunday so I sewed them together and then decided to sew the six blocks together and make a baby quilt. I added a border and this top is ready for quilting.

My yard is in need of some major TLC. I picked up some crabgrass preventer on Saturday when I was out and about. I didn't mow on Saturday because it kept SNOWING! It was cold and very windy, but Sunday it warmed up to 50 degrees so I was weed wacking, mowing, and spreading the halts. The front looks better, but I have more serious work that I need to do to get it back in shape. I do have a new toy coming that will help with my outside spring cleaning! I will post pictures once I get it.

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Snowing? LOL. We were cold at night with the passing of that front. But our days have been upper 70s lower 80s.

I like the impromptu piece! Some baby will love it!

Vicki W said...

I love, love, love the gray and yellow quilt! It must feel great to be sewing again.