Thursday, January 17, 2013

This house smells like a Mexican Restaurant!

I threw together in a crock pot before I went to work black beans with chicken broth, cumin, garlic, cilantro, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. When I got home from work the house smelled so good! Just like a Mexican Restaurant! The bean though were not quite done. I did not pre-soak them and after 9 hours they were still a little firm, but they tasted wonderful! I let them cook until I went to bed so they will be good to go for tonight's dinner.

The only sewing that I got done was this pair of pants for the son of a woman I work with. I had to take in the waist and hem them.

Tonight I either have to either put the second coat of paint on the the walls of the downstairs foyer or the second coat of mud on the office/bedroom. I am leaning toward the paint job.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LOL! I messed up the tamales yesterday. I can't find my receipe and had to look one up on the internet and it didn't work.

But the tamale "mess" was good......

glen