Thursday, January 3, 2013

Looking back and then forward

I like to keep stats on how much cotton quilting thread I go thru in a year. I started out with 96,100 yards, added 25,276 yards, gave away 2,400 yards for a total starting number of 118,976. The amount I have at the end of 2012 is approx. 97,506 yards for a 2012 usage of 21,470 yards.

January 3, 2012

January 3, 2013

January 3, 2012

January 3, 2013

I am finding that I don't use much dark colored quilting thread. I do have some UFO's that will need darker colored thread so maybe I will get those out and make a dent in those spools.

I also keep all my spools I empty for the years, which was 63 spools for 2012. There were so many they all did not fit in my large mason jar.

I spent some time last evening installing one piece of extension jamb in one of the windows in the fabric storage room. I could not install the jamb all the way around the window because I had to glue the nailing blocks and I need to let the glue dry before I can continue. The nailing blocks are for the trim and will also help support the extension jamb.
window before the jamb and nailing blocks were installed

after

2 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

I love all your energy as it reminds me of myself. Little bits of time really do add up!

Selvage Quilter said...

Wow, that's a lot of thread yardage!!
Impressive finishes in 2012.
Happy new year!