Wednesday, January 2, 2013

last of the 2012 finishes - 30 thru 33

I am back! I worked hard during my time off and got a bunch of stuff done.

I had to alter this vintage leather jacket for my nephew for xmas. His mother found it at the Goodwill and he loves vintage 60's clothes. The collar was all wrong - this was a ladies jacket - and the sleeves were too short. I got out my leather scraps and replaced the collar.

collar after

I then tore the collar apart and used that to lenghten the sleeves. The sleeves had cuffs and I didn't want to take the cuffs off so I cut the sleeves about 7" up from the cuff and inserted a strip. I had to lenghten the lining too. I was happy with the result, but I had to muster up a lot of courage to cut those sleeves!
right sleeve before

right sleeve after

I also made 5 pillowcases, two stockings, and two crazy babies and then the xmas sewing was done!



30th finish

the back

31st finish

32nd finish

33rd finish - I forgot to take a picture, but it is the second quilt from the bottom - another step zig zag with the blue and white striped binding. I also finshed the knitted blanket and put together a quilt top for Vickie's veteran quilt project.

veteran quilt top

I will be catching you up on the rest of my time off in my posts tomorrow and Friday.

3 comments:

Danih03 said...

Wow you did a great job on the jacket! How brave of you to alter leather!

patty a. said...

Danielle, I use to work at a shop that made custom clothes for people who showed Western horses and I was responsible for making the lamb leather chaps and jackets. So I have had some experience working with leather, but I was still shaking in my shoes when I took the sissors to this jacket! Patty the quilt lady

Brenda said...

Great revision of the jacket. could you show us a picture of the owner wearing it?