Friday, January 18, 2013

Did I mud or paint last evening?

Yesterday morning I had a dentist appointment. I had enough time to make a quick trip to the bulk food store in Sugarcreek, Ohio to pick up some spices I was low on. It seems like I only get to the bulk food store two or three times a year. Here is what I bought - chili powder, cumin, ginger, garlic powder, clove, cinnamon, cardamon, smoked paprika, black pepper, turmeric, and sea salt. Their spices are a higher quality and less expensive than the grocery store.

I decided to paint last evening.

It only took me about an hour to put a second coat on the downstairs foyer and clean up. The walls look so much better! Now I will be able to install the trim this weekend.

This will be another working on the house weekend, but I may try to get in a little sewing time. I will put the second coat of mud on the office wall so I can sand tomorrow and then prime. My plan is to paint the room on Sunday and then I can install the casing around the window. The only things that would be left to do in this room is installing the baseboard and closet doors after I get the floors refinished. While I am waiting for mud and paint to dry it will be going thru stuff to see what I want to keep and what needs to find another home and squeezing in that sewing time. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love working on the house. It is so gratifying to see a project through. We have always done our own stuff as well.

You should have seen the greenhouse he built for me when we lived in Hammond, LA. The house would have fallen down before that greenhouse!

glen